What is a cat cafe?
- A cat cafe is a place where you can get your caffeine fix and cat fix at the same time. Imagine enjoying your morning cup of coffee and crossword puzzle while a cat looks on next to you. Or catching up with friends after work, petting cats as you unwind. Maybe you need a quiet place to finish your history paper, with a new friend sitting next to you, rhythmically purring.
Can you have food and cats together?
- Yes! The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services has approved our concept! Cats and food prep can not be intermingled – but food and drink for consumption is allowed in the cat lounge. You can enjoy all of our cafe items as soon as you check-in.
Why is there a fee to visit the cats?
- Running a facility to house 30+ cats is expensive, and the fee is our main source of funding! We charge a fee in order to maintain quality of care for our residents, to pay for overhead costs like rent and electricity, and to take care of our staff.
Do you HAVE to have a reservation to visit?
- It’s not required but we highly recommend it. Walk-ins are always welcome as space permits. If you want 100% certainty that you don’t have to wait in line, it is best to make a reservation. We recommend booking at least one day before you would like to visit to ensure your spot when you arrive!
What if I’m allergic to cats?
- Not a problem! We have a full service café with lots of comfortable seating and a great view of the Cat Lounge through a large window!
Can I bring my own cat?
- Kindly leave your kitty at home. All our cats arrive with a clean bill of health and are socialized to the environment for the comfort of both the kitties and our guests. We have plenty of them here for you to pet and cuddle!
How are you helping cats?
- Our mission is to help St Johns county reduce losing cats to euthanasia. We work with Small Lives Matter Kitten Rescue to pull at-risk cats from the shelter. Our unique partnership allows us to save the truly at-risk cats i.e. adults, kittens, and cats needing socialization. A cat cafe is the cats’ foster home. They get to live and play freely instead of being caged in a shelter environment. They hangout with their fellow cats and get comfortable with all the humans who come to visit them.
Do you have an age policy?
- In order to ensure the safety of our cats as well as your children, the minimum age for visiting the cafe is 2 years old. We have special time set aside for kids 7 to 12. Please book under a Family reservation.
I fell in LOVE with a cat I met at the cafe. Can I adopt them?
- Yes! All of the cats at the cafe are adoptable through our Small Lives Matter Kitten Rescue. Just let us know the kitty you want to give a home for life, and complete an adoption application, wait for it to be approved and you can pick up your special kitty right here at the cafe!
What should I expect when I get there?
- When it’s time to visit, come to the cafe side to check-in. We’ll make sure we have your reservation and waivers signed in our system. After that, you can purchase something to eat or drink, and stand by the window to watch the cats while you wait for your reservation time. To enter the cat lounge, you will exit the cafe and go through another entrance to enter the cat lounge. (We have completely separated our cafe side from the cat lounge side in order to abide by health regulations – which also means two separate entrances!)
Can I have a party there?
- Yes! Birthday? Bachelorette party? Reunion? Wedding? Graduation? Retirement? Team Building! Whatever the occasion, our kitties would love to help you celebrate. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and additional information.
Are you hiring? I want to work here!
- Thanks for your interest! Please check out our Join Our Team page for an application.